Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Preface

I haven't written much of anything in awhile. 2013 was a pretty big year for me and there was a huge boost of new experiences. Over the years Ive concluded that my driving force in life has been new experiences. New trails to hike. New waterfalls to play in. New things to build. New challenges. 2013 seemingly was a turning point, stepping out from certain comforts and letting go of things that held me down. Lookingback  Im still in disbelief I ended up where I did. So far from who I am. I wore a mask and didn't even know it. As it has been said the greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing you he doesn't exist. 

With that said I want to document these experiences, adventures and challenges. Not so I can share them with the world but so the people that are part of my life can share a bit of the experience. Im always barking at people to run with me but the adult life has complications of schedules and finances. Of course Im no exception to this. Most importantly it marks a reminder for myself as I look back on 2013 and struggle to remember some of it. Being able to write about events and include pictures would be a pleasant way to keep a record. I can look through my photo albums but it gets spotty pretty quick. Starting now Ill retrace through 2013 up to the present. Ive got a lot in store for 2014 and will at least now be able to document in real time.